World Heart Day 2019 (WHD) focuses on creating a global community of Heart Heroes… people from all walks of life who are acting now to live longer, better, heart-healthy lives by making a promise. From professionals involved in cutting-edge cardiology research and heart healthcare to everyday people looking after their and their loved ones’ hearts … we can all be Heart Heroes.
Across the world, thousands of people and organizations will be holding all sorts of activities on and around 29 September: from walks, runs and sporting events, to concerts, public talks, screenings, and social media campaigns. You can join our cause and support World Heart Day as well by organizing an event, sharing our resources with your friends, family, and colleagues and helping illuminate a landmark red in your country. Every action counts!
A few things you can do in the run-up to World Heart Day:
Key actions for individuals, schools and businesses
- Download and adapt the campaign resources in your languages. Please read our terms and conditions before using the WHD name and logos.
- Make them available to your own networks on your websites.
- Inspire the world by making your own promises and Heart Heroes posters on our website. (This option will be available on the website soon).
- Help turn a landmark or iconic building in your country red and shine a light for heart health.
- Pin your events and activities to our spinning globe.
Key actions for heart healthcare professionals
- Display our campaign posters and infographics in your waiting rooms.
- Print and give out our top tips for heart health leaflets.
- Identify Heart Heroes – whether they’re patients or professionals – in your own networks and tell their stories.
- Share your Heart Heroes stories with the World Heart Federation so that we can share their achievements with the world.
- Inspire the world by making your own promises and Heart Heroes posters on our website – you can print them out to display and share them on your social media networks.
- Show the World Heart Day campaign video on screens in your waiting rooms.
Good luck with planning your activities and don’t hesitate to contact us if you need any support or advice.