Welcome to 2016 – a milestone year for cardiovascular health and an exciting opportunity to network with colleagues, peers and the field’s inspirational movers and shakers at the World Congress of Cardiology and Cardiovascular Health 2016.
There’s still time to take advantage of our lowest early registration fee.
President of Uruguay Tabaré Vázquez confirmed as speaker
President Vázquez will be giving a talk entitled ‘Political Action needed’ within the ‘Tackling the CVD/NCD epidemic’ plenary session, alongside key World Health Organization thought leaders Vera da Costa e Silva and Etienne Krug, and fellow countryman Eduardo Bianco, superstar of tobacco control, who comments:
“I believe WCC 2016 is a significant forum not just for reaching CV health experts but also the broader CV health community. Additionally, WCC 2016 is being held in my region, and could be a great advocacy tool for influencing Mexico and other Latin American countries to take action on NCD commitments and improve CV health.
“In relation to the topic of my presentation, by June 2016 the arbitration case between Philip Morris and Uruguay may be nearing a close. It will be an appropriate moment to communicate to the WCC audience the outcome of this significant legal battle.”
Read our full interview with Eduardo Bianco highlighting the challenges in tobacco control and how WCC 2016 can be a turning point.
And you can also view our full preliminary scientific programme.
Seven pre-congress sessions to choose from!
Before WCC 2016, on June 4, there is also the chance to attend our pre-congress sessions and network with colleagues from around the world:
- ECG Workshop: A day for ECG lovers…
- 5th International Conference on Women, Heart Disease and Stroke In conjunction with the World Congress of Cardiology and Cardiovascular Health
- Sports Cardiology
- Latest tendencies on Cardiovascular Imaging and Intervention
- Helping your patients to a tobacco-free future: medical approaches
- Paediatric cardiology – World Heart Federation in partnership with the World Congress of Paediatric and Cardiac Surgery
- Paediatric cardiac surgery – World Heart Federation in partnership with the World Congress of Paediatric and Cardiac Surgery
To find out more about the pre-Congress sessions (tickets available to Congress registrants) please click here.
Interested in raising your company’s profile?
There are still some exhibition spaces and great branding opportunities available – book your now! Simply visit our Sponsorship and Exhibition online hub for more information.